• ברוכים הבאים לפורום הפונדק
    הפונדק הוא הקהילה הוותיקה והמובילה של מבוכים ודרקונים, משחקי תפקידים ומשחקי לוח בישראל.
    ההרשמה היא בחינם ולאחר מכן תוכלו לפרסם הודעות, למכור ולקנות משחקים, לחפש קבוצה למשחק ועוד!

הרשמה /

עולם האפלה Vtm V5 Alpha Rules

לפי מה שאני מבין (לא קראתי את החוקים עדיין) זו גרסה שונה לגמרי מאשר הגרסאות הקיימות - VtM 20th edition או VtR - אני מניח שהסיבה שהם קוראים לזה מהדורה חמישית זה פשוט לעשות Cash in על המותג?
גם החברה שמאחורי זה לא קשורה כלל ל White Wolf מבחינת כותבים...

החברה היא White-wolf
היא שייכת קיום ל Paradox Interactive
לפני זה היא הייתה של CCP
מי שהיו בעבר בעלי הIP הם היום חברת OnyxPath והם זכיין של White-wolf הם מוציאים את גרסת ה V20 שהיא למעשה הגרסה הרביעית
ולכן לגרסה החדשה קוראים 5
מבחינת שיטה סטוריטלר עוד לא בדקתי לא יודע כמה שונה דומה אבל מבחינת עלילה זה אמור להיות המשך של V20 רק לקדם את לוח הזמנים

לגבי כותבים של המהדורה החדשה להבנתי יש שיתוף פעולה ואני מאמין שגם תהיה כתיבה משוטפת בעתיד אבל נראה

נכון שהיא נקראת הזאב הלבן, אבל זה לא אותם אנשים, אלא פשוט החברה שלה שייכות הזכויות.
אני לא בטוח לגבי השיתוף פעולה, בפורומים בחו"ל מדברים על זה שאוניקס הופתעו והם גם עדיין ממשיכים להוציא את הספרים של עולם האפלה החדש במקביל ולדעתי זה תקע להם את מהדורות 20 השנה.
לפחות זה מה שהיה נכון בזמנו: https://www.pundak.co.il/forums/threads/36448

תגובה של OP לקשקשת ברשת במיוחד להיסטריה הזמנית של RPG.NET
שפרצה בגלל שינויים כביכול בספר לV20
הדגשתי משפט רלוונתי שמתחבר מאוד למה שאומר אחד המפתחים הראשיםבראיון בפבואר
מרתין אריקסון
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/02/10/white-wolf-world-of-darkness-rebirth/

RPS: I spoke to you way back when Paradox bought White Wolf and now here we are at a Focus event.
Ericsson: This goes back to how we set up the deal. The Paradox group are financing us, it’s not Paradox who bought us, and we’re not an internal studio in any way. We’re the licensing company that develops a meta-plot, that ended with the Gehenna and Apocalypse books in 2004. We’re pulling back the timeline to slightly before the Gehenna books, and now we’re in the Age of the Apocalypse. It might be a hundred years before the world falls, but we’re solidly in it now. This is the age of the final battle.

RPS: Because it’s been so long since we’ve had a White Wolf game, could you talk about why it’s taken so long? And what does going back to digital games let you do, in a storytelling sense, that you can’t do on tabletop?

Ericsson: The first question is pretty easy. It’s because at CCP, I was one of the content designers on the MMO World of Darkness, and the strategy we took there was to put all our eggs in one basket. We wanted to make the most awesome, content-heavy MMO, and then content-heavy MMOs went BAM, into the sink. We saw Knights of the Old Republic fail and Warhammer Online crash.
We were in the middle of MMO death, so we tried to rescope, and we tried to do that by doing something in CCP’s style, which is emergent player-based stories. But we were a bit too late, and we maybe tried to bite off a bit more than we could chew.
During that time, all licensing deals were off. We kept Onyx Path because that was the old passionate writers, the people who really knew the lore, and who were working on 20th anniversary editions of the books – nostalgia editions for fans.
I was heartbroken when this happened. I had sold my apartment, my girlfriend had broken up with me. The whole thing crashed before my eyes and I thought “what the fuck am I going to do now?”
Fortunately, there was a connection between me and the Paradox group and we could make something happen. Now, a year later, there is a lot of stuff that we’ve done that we can’t talk about at all! But rest assured, the idea of having different products that feed into one another into one big brand, with a connecting meta-plot, that’s what I’m working with 60% of my time. We’re figuring out what has happened between 2002 and today, in the World of Darkness.
How have our supernatural nations and factions reacted to the situation in the Middle East, the war on terror…

Hello Deluxe Beckett's Jyhad Diary Backers!
RichT here:
Based on yesterday's Backer Update, some backers had concerns about the content for the book. Rather than try and explain myself just what has changed or not, I give you these three notes from the devs themselves, since they are the people who both wrote and developed the original writing, and worked with the new White Wolf to integrate their extra stuff:
From Mighty Matt McElroy, Onyx's Operations Manager and developer/writer of a fair number of V20 books:
I did some early development consulting (mostly lore gathering and advising) on BJD and of course became the Operations Manager for Onyx Path during the project's development progress. I was at WoD: Berlin when the book was promoted and discussed.
It is very much a V20 book like it always has been. Beckett (and friends) exploring the metaplot and secrets of the world of Vampire: the Masquerade. It examines years of material from across the editions, offers up twists and turns on plots, plans, and histories. It is filled with unreliable narrators and gives Storytellers tons of potential chronicle ideas. It is one of our best books to date.
The advice from WW included a few minor easter eggs, suggestions on some metaplot hooks, and they asked some questions about passages that were unclear in the text. As much as they enjoy the book (and they have enthusiastically endorsed it) it is still an Onyx Path Publishing production.
V5 will have advanced the metaplot a bit, bringing it to "tonight" and BJD covers much of what came before the new book takes the setting to now.
From Matthew Dawkins, V20 writer and developer:
As one of the developers and writers of the book, and the guy responsible for integrating and adapting any of White Wolf's proposed changes, I can confirm the book has barely shifted from our original vision but for easter eggs leading into V5. That's it. No alarm is required.

From Neall Raemonn Price, BJD writer and developer:
What Dawkins said.

For those who don't know me, I'm Neall Price. I developed Beckett's Jyhad Diary with Matthew Dawkins. I wrote the outline and detailed the general structure of the book, did the redlines for the authors, and hired Matt to do a lot of the heavy writing; when I became Scion developer, Matt came onboard to assist me and finish out the book. He did an exceptional job.
We worked out asses off on this book. We hired people who worked for White Wolf - the first incarnation - going all the way back to second edition. We hired people who had been on Revised. We consulted with people who'd written for 1e. While it was written for V20, and thus somewhat metaplot-agnostic, we did our best to address all the lingering threads of the metaplot from Revised and craft them into a form you could play at your table with the greatest respect to the players. All that White Wolf AB required us to do was put in some Easter Eggs and clarify a few points here and there.
I'm pretty happy that our book and labor of love to Masquerade's metaplot is going to be used as the basis for an entirely new series of stories.
Hope this helps clarify how this process between the new White Wolf, our licensors and owners of all of the World of Darkness, every edition, and our own Onyx Path creative team actually worked.
Thanks!

זה לא תקע את מהדורת העשרים שנה אלה עצר אותם מלהוציא לבד את מהדורה חמש
לא זוכר איפה לנבור כדי למצוא אותם אומרים את זה בעצמם
אני מאמין שיהיה שיתוף פעולה בעתיד גם על המהדורה החדשה אבל נראה בקרוב עוגיה וירטואלית למי שצודק

חזרה